Effective Date: October 30, 2018
Personal Information We Collect
Paradise and its employees, agents, contractors, service providers, partners and representatives may collect the following Personal Information:
• Contact Information (e.g. name, home address, home or mobile telephone number or e-mail address);
• Credit or Debit Card Information, including card number, expiry date and 3 digit CVS code (e.g. when purchasing theatre tickets or other products or services);
• Information relevant to a service you request (e.g. the age and gender of a child or other person where you request our birthday party services, or the Personal Information of guests who might accompany you to an event);
• Survey Responses (e.g. when you provide your name or other contact information in order to take advantage of various benefits for participating in a survey, or when you consent to us contacting you about your comments);
• Preferences and other Personal Information provided by you (e.g. favourite movie genres, movie reviews, and comments);
• Job Applications (e.g. information you provide to us when applying for an employment opportunity: (i) by sending us a resume; (ii) by submitting a job application on our Website, or the website of an authorized third party service provider).
Use of Personal Information
We collect and use Personal Information for a number of purposes:
• Purchases made by you: Personal contact and credit/debit card information will be used by Paradise to process your purchases and reservations with us. For event bookings, certain additional information be required. In these cases, credit/debit card information is only used for the purposes required to process and complete the transaction and/or service requested by you, and is only retained in transaction records required for internal management and auditing purposes or as otherwise required by law, unless you are informed otherwise or you provide your consent.
• Administration: Your name, address and telephone number will be stored by us should you provide such information when you use our lost-and-found services. Also, your name, address and telephone number may be collected and used by Paradise for audit and refund verification purposes when you request a ticket refund. We may require identification to be provided to establish a person's age for age-restricted movies, events or activities (such as virtual reality games), age restricted ticket purchases or access to our cinemas, or the purchase of alcohol.
• Video Surveillance: Paradise monitors its premises, electronically and otherwise, for security purposes, to which you implicitly consent when you visit our theatre. In the event of accident or theft, Paradise may collect, use and disclose information related to the incident or theft as required for operational, insurance, legal or other necessary purposes.
• Contests/Benefits: Paradise runs contests in our theatre and/or with our various business partners. We may request your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and we may also require proof of age for the purposes of determining eligibility. Unless otherwise stated in the applicable contest rules, or if you provide your consent, your Personal Information will only be used for prize notification and fulfilment and related purposes in connection with the contest. Contact information may be required to administer other benefits our visitors and /or guests have requested or accepted.
• Other Uses: We may also use Personal Information, where necessary, for:
o establishing, maintaining and/or fulfilling relationships with our business partners, third-party vendors of products and/or services, as well as our corporate and business customers;
o evaluating job applications or resumes which are sent to us, as further described in the Job Application section below;
o conducting operating, administering and otherwise managing our business, to satisfy legal, regulatory, security, audit, financial and processing requirements, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal Information collected by Paradise is not disclosed to other parties, except as follows:
• Paradise may contract with third parties, such as other companies, individuals, contractors, and/or other entities, without limitation, to perform certain technical functions on our behalf. For instance, we may use such third parties to host message boards, user forums or webpages, to develop and operate software applications and create and maintain databases, or send and receive communications on our behalf. Your Personal Information may be disclosed to such third party companies, individuals, contractors and/or other entities, without limitation, in the ordinary course of our business operations.
The Website and the Internet
On the Website, visitors may conduct activities where Personal Information is required or may be provided, including but not limited to: registering to receive customized information, entering contests, participating in polls or surveys or purchasing products and/or services. Paradise does not collect Personal Information about you unless you choose to provide us with such information for such purposes or activities.
Individuals who provide us with their telephone numbers will only receive communications from us with respect to orders, contests or other products or services that they have requested, unless they provide express consent to receive telephone calls or SMS messages from us. If you make inquiries of Paradise directly by e-mail, or through our Website, these inquiries are forwarded to the relevant department and are not used for other purposes, or stored (other than maintaining a record of our correspondence with you).
Unsubscribe / Deletion Requests
E-Mail and SMS messages
When you register for a Paradise Connect account on our Website, make purchases, enter contests, respond to surveys, or otherwise participate in our online community, our servers may store your Personal Information, contact details or other information in order to facilitate site login, the automatic completion of forms and otherwise for your convenience.
The nature of internet browsing is such that this activity passively and automatically collects and discloses certain information about each individual’s use of the internet. This information may be associated with an individual’s Internet Protocol ("IP") address. This is a unique internet "address" which is assigned to all internet users by their Internet Service Provider ("ISP"). Our server logs record statistical information, such as visitors' IP addresses, type of operating systems, time and duration of visit, webpages requested, as well as identifying categories of visitors by items such as domains and browser types.
Cookies and Behavioural Advertising
For each visit to our Website, cookies may be used by our server to recognize you where you have indicated your preference to be automatically logged in.
You may disable cookies using your browser's settings. Please consult your browser's help function for information on how to disable cookies. Note that if you disable cookies, certain features of our Website will not function to their fullest potential.
Paradise or its service providers may place ads on our webpages. As a result of your visit to our site, or by clicking on these ads, we may collect passive information such as your domain type, your IP address and clickstream information.
On our Website, we store subscriber and password information in a secure manner not accessible to Web browsers, behind password protection, or off-line. We endeavor to use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our Website.
Some of the ads on our Website are served through one or more reputable ad-serving companies, including but not limited to Google. These third parties may use non-personal information, such as webpages you visit and cookies, to provide ads that may be of interest to you. In addition, we may use IP addresses to allow our third party advertising partners to display more targeted ads and content. This process does not include the use of your Personal Information, nor do we share your Personal Information with these ad-serving companies.
We may collect and use your Personal Information or any information you provide to us when you apply for a job, such as your previous employers, education, professional accreditations, or work experience (collectively, “Applicant Information”), whether you send us a resume; submit a job application on our Website; or submit a job application through a third party website. Your Personal Information and Applicant Information may be used to make hiring decisions, and to comply with applicable laws. Should you be hired, relevant portions of your Personal Information will be used to create and maintain your employment records. By providing Applicant Information, you agree that we may contract the employers, organizations, schools, professional associations provided by you, to verify the accuracy of such information.
All Personal Information and Applicant Information provided by you and during the application process must be true, complete and correct to the best of your knowledge. Any misrepresentation or omission of facts may result in refusal to hire or, if hired, may result in your dismissal at any time regardless of when the false answer or omissions are discovered.
By applying for a job with us, you hereby authorize Paradise to thoroughly investigate your background, references, employment record and other matters related to your suitability for employment. You further authorize persons, schools, my current employer (if applicable), and previous employers and organizations contacted by Paradise to provide any relevant information regarding my current and/or previous employment and thereby release all persons, schools, employers of any and all claims for providing such information. You understand that you may be required to sign a confidentiality and/or non-competition agreement should you become an employee of Paradise. You understand that nothing contained in your job application, or conveyed during any interview which may be granted, is intended to create an employment contract. You understand that submitting a job application does not indicate there is a position open and does not obligate Paradise to hire you.
We protect your Personal Information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures as are appropriate and proportional to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, including safeguards to protect Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Paradise and its employees, agents, contractors, legal, accounting or other service providers, partners, representatives and mandataries who require access to your Personal Information in order to fulfill their job requirements will have access to your Personal Information. You transmit or provide all Personal Information entirely at your own risk.
Transfer of Information
Paradise's websites are operated on equipment located in Canada. If you are located outside Canada, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to Canada. By visiting the Website, purchasing our products or services, participating in our online community and/or providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to this transfer. Regardless of your location, we shall protect your Personal Information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures as are appropriate and proportional to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, including safeguards to protect Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Please note that the Personal Information which you provide to us will be held and used in accordance with such Canadian federal or provincial laws as exist from time to time, and as are applicable.
• by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• or by mail at:
1006 Bloor Street West
Attn: Privacy Officer
© PARADISE THEATRE